ACSD-44851: Category with subcategories not able to open or expand
The ACSD-44851 patch solves the issue where the user is unable to open or expand a category with subcategories. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.20 is installed. The patch ID is ACSD-44851. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.6.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.4
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.0 - 2.4.5
The patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the [!DNL Quality Patches Tool]: Search for patches page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
The user is not able to open or expand a category with subcategories.
Steps to reproduce:
- In the Adobe Commerce Admin, create a category tree with two root categories and a few subcategories for each of them.
- Open the mobile view/emulator or shrink the window width until the layout turns mobile.
- Open the catalog's main menu.
- Try to expand the root categories.
- Try to open the category.
The menu is accessible.
The mobile menu's second level does not open.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to [!DNL Quality Patches Tool]: Search for patches in the Quality Patches Tool guide.