This ACSD-46581 patch solves the issue where the tax rate does not get updated after switching the country in the shopping cart. It updates only after selecting the shipping method. This patch is available when the [!DNL Quality Patches Tool (QPT)] 1.1.21 is installed. The patch ID is ACSD-46581. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.6.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.1-p1
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.0 - 2.4.5
The patch might become applicable to other versions with new [!DNL Quality Patches Tool] releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Tax rate does not get updated after switching the country in the shopping cart.
Steps to reproduce:
- In the Adobe Commerce Admin, go to [!UICONTROL Stores] > [!UICONTROL Tax Zone and Rates].
- Create a new tax rate for [!UICONTROL Country] = United States, [!UICONTROL State] = *, [!UICONTROL Rate] = 8.25.
- Create a new tax rate for [!UICONTROL Country] = India, [!UICONTROL State] = *, [!UICONTROL Rate] = 10.
- Create a tax rule with both tax rates for US and India.
- Go to [!UICONTROL Configuration] > [!UICONTROL Sales] > [!UICONTROL Shipping Methods] and enable more than one shipping method (Flat Rate and Free Shipping for example).
- Create a simple product with the [!UICONTROL Taxable Goods] tax class.
- Add product to the cart on the store front.
- Open the shopping cart and check the tax amount.
- The default tax settings for the United States are applied and the tax is calculated based on an 8.25% rate.
- Switch the country to India.
The tax amount changed to 10% when switching the country to India.
The tax amount remains the same in the total section of the shopping cart.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
To learn more about [!DNL Quality Patches Tool], refer to:
For information about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in the [!DNL Quality Patches Tool] guide.