The ACSD-47137 patch improves the loading speed of the image gallery when the
pub/media folder is very big. This patch is available when the [!DNL Quality Patches Tool (QPT)] 1.1.24 is installed. The patch ID is ACSD-47137. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.6.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.4
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.4 - 2.4.5-p1
The patch might become applicable to other versions with new [!DNL Quality Patches Tool] releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
The loading speed of the image gallery is slow when the
pub/media folder is very big.
Steps to reproduce:
- Go to the Adobe Commerce Admin > [!UICONTROL STORES] > [!UICONTROL Settings] > [!UICONTROL Configuration] > [!UICONTROL Advanced] > [!UICONTROL System] > [!UICONTROL Media Gallery] > [!UICONTROL Enable Old Media Gallery] to No.
- Clean the config cache.
- Log out and log in as an admin user again.
- On the Admin sidebar, go to [!UICONTROL Catalog] > [!UICONTROL Categories] and select the root category.
- Expand the [!UICONTROL Content] section and click on [!UICONTROL Select from Gallery].
When loading the page, Adobe Commerce sends
media_gallery/directories/gettree request to load the media folder tree.
media_gallery/directories/gettree request should load content only from the necessary directories, other than looping the entire path list from the
media_gallery/directories/gettree request takes a long time to load when the
pub/media/ folder has lots of content.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
To learn more about [!DNL Quality Patches Tool], refer to:
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in the [!DNL Quality Patches Tool] guide.