Configuration Management has different generated configuration files and command options for Magento Commerce (Cloud) 2.1.x and 2.2.x. This article shows the differences.
2.1.4 and later: config.local.php
Includes configuration values for specific Magento settings.
- configuration values for specific Magento settings
- list of extensions
- extension settings
Only modified configurations, no defaults
The command below generates the file only with the modified configurations from the Magento Admin. It does not pull all defaults, reducing the size of the file and allowing you to make environment-specific configuration changes for extensions.
For example, if you use this command, you can configure Fastly directly on Staging and Production.
2.1.4 and later
php bin/magento magento-cloud:scd-dump
All configurations, including defaults (same command for 2.1 and 2.2)
The command below generates the file with all default and configured values:
php bin/magento app:config:dump
For 2.2, the command also locks all extension settings.
Important: To modify any configurations, you must edit the generated configuration file in the specific environment.
Related Knowledge Base articles
Configuration Management on DevDocs
- Configuration management for 2.1.X and the example in the Magento Commerce (Cloud) Guide
- Configuration management for 2.2.X and the example in the Magento Commerce (Cloud) Guide
- Upgrade from 2.0.X or 2.1.X section of the Upgrade Magento Commerce (Cloud) topic
- Pipeline Deployment in the Magento Configuration Guide — For Magento Commerce (Cloud), you do not need to follow the instructions in this guide. The content is strictly for reference. We already provide the build server, integration environments, and more with Cloud.