ACSD-46770: order confirmation email is sent even when [!UICONTROL Email Order Confirmation] is unchecked
The ACSD-46770 patch fixes the issue where orders can be placed via REST API as a guest user even when [!UICONTROL Email Order Confirmation] is unselected. This patch is available when the [!DNL Quality Patches Tool (QPT)] 1.1.24 is installed. The patch ID is ACSD-46770. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.6.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.4
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.0 - 2.4.5-p1
The patch might become applicable to other versions with new [!DNL Quality Patches Tool] releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
An order confirmation email is sent even when [!UICONTROL Email Order Confirmation] is not selected.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a customer account.
- Go to [!UICONTROL Sales] > [!UICONTROL Order] and click on [!UICONTROL Create New Order].
- Select the customer, add the products to the order, fill in the address, and select the Shipping and Payment methods.
- Before submitting the order, unselect the [!UICONTROL Email Order confirmation] check box.
- Click on [!UICONTROL Submit Order] to create the order.
An order confirmation email should not be sent if the [!UICONTROL Email Order Confirmation] is unselected.
An order confirmation email is sent regardless of the unselected [!UICONTROL Email Order Confirmation] check box.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
To learn more about [!DNL Quality Patches Tool], refer to:
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in the [!DNL Quality Patches Tool] guide.