ACSD-47520: customers lose reward points when a credit memo is created
The ACSD-47520 patch fixes the issue where customers lose reward points when a credit memo is created. This patch is available when the [!DNL Quality Patches Tool (QPT)] 1.1.25 is installed. The patch ID is ACSD-47520. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.6.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.5
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) >=2.4.0 <2.4.6
The patch might become applicable to other versions with new [!DNL Quality Patches Tool] releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Customers lose reward points when a credit memo is created.
Steps to reproduce:
- Go the Adobe Commerce Admin > [!UICONTROL Store] > [!UICONTROL Settings] > [!UICONTROL Configuration] > [!UICONTROL Customers] > [!UICONTROL Reward Points].
- Change the setting:
[!UICONTROL Enable Reward Points Functionality] = Yes
[!UICONTROL Enable Reward Points Functionality on Storefront] = Yes
[!UICONTROL Customers May See Reward Points History] = Yes
[!UICONTROL Refund Reward Points Automatically] = No
[!UICONTROL Deduct Reward Points from Refund Amount Automatically] = Yes
- Go to the Admin > [!UICONTROL Store] > [!UICONTROL Other Settings] > [!UICONTROL Reward Exchange Rates] and click on [!UICONTROL Add New Rate].
- Add new rate (1:1) and flush the cache.
- Create a customer and add 10 reward points to this account.
- Go to the Admin > [!UICONTROL Sales] > [!UICONTROL Orders] > [!UICONTROL Create New Order] > Select the customer created in the previous step.
- Select any product whose price is greater than the reward points.
- Place an order via any payment method and the reward points.
- Create an invoice for the order.
- Create a credit memo, but do not refund the reward points.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
To learn more about [!DNL Quality Patches Tool], refer to:
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to [!DNL Quality Patches Tool]: Search for patches in the [!DNL Quality Patches Tool] guide.