ACSD-48204: Catalog price rule created based on Yes/No attribute doesn't consider selected scope
The ACSD-48204 patch fixes the issue where the catalog price rule created based on Yes/No attribute doesn't consider the selected scope. This patch is available when the [!DNL Quality Patches Tool (QPT)] 1.1.28 is installed. The patch ID is ACSD-48204. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.7.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.2-p2
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.3.7 - 2.4.2-p2
The patch might become applicable to other versions with new [!DNL Quality Patches Tool] releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
The catalog price rule created based on Yes/No attribute doesn't consider the selected scope.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create two websites (Default and W2).
- Create a product attribute of Yes/No type.
- Set [!UICONTROL Default value] = [!UICONTROL No]
- [!UICONTROL Scope] = [!UICONTROL Website]
- [!UICONTROL Use for Promo Rule Conditions] = [!UICONTROL Yes]
- Create a configurable product based on any attribute with two variations (V1 and V2).
- Add the Yes/No attribute to the configurable variations attribute set
- For one of the variations (V1), set the value to [!UICONTROL Yes] on the non-default website (W2)
- Create a catalog rule:
- Applied to both websites
- Condition: Yes/No attribute value is [!UICONTROL Yes]
- Discount = 50%
- Open the configurable product on the non-default website (W2).
- Check that the V1 variation has the 50% discount applied.
- Open the V1 variation in the Adobe Commerce Admin.
- Switch to the default website
- Make no changes and save the product
- Refresh the configurable product storefront page.
The V1 variation still has the 50% discount applied as no changes were made.
The discount disappears.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
To learn more about [!DNL Quality Patches Tool], refer to:
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to [!DNL Quality Patches Tool]: Search for patches in the [!DNL Quality Patches Tool] guide.