ACSD-49849: Customer email is replaced with [!DNL PayPal] email
The ACSD-49849 patch fixes the issue where a customer's email is replaced with a [!DNL PayPal's] email when placing an order with [!DNL PayPal Express] via GraphQL. This patch is available when the [!DNL Quality Patches Tool (QPT)] 1.1.29 is installed. The patch ID is ACSD-49849. Please note that the issue was fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.6.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.5-p1
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.3.7 - 2.4.5-p2
The patch might become applicable to other versions with new [!DNL Quality Patches Tool] releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
A customer's email is replaced with a [!DNL PayPal's] email when placing an order with [!DNL PayPal Express] via GraphQL.
Steps to reproduce:
- Go to [!UICONTROL Configuration] > [!UICONTROL Sales] > [!UICONTROL Payments].
- Enable and configure [!DNL PayPal Express] and set [!UICONTROL Payment Action] = [!UICONTROL Sale].
- Go to [!UICONTROL Catalog] > [!UICONTROL Products], and create a simple product.
- Complete the guest checkout using GraphQL. For more, refer to the GraphQL checkout tutorial in Adobe Commerce Developer Documentation.
- Use [!DNL PayPal Express] as the payment method.
- Note the email you used in the step where you set up your email for the cart in Adobe Commerce Developer Documentation.
- After the order is placed, go to the Adobe Commerce Admin and check the email in the created order.
The email is the same as set during checkout.
The email set during the checkout is overridden by the email set in the [!DNL PayPal] account.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
To learn more about [!DNL Quality Patches Tool], refer to:
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to [!DNL Quality Patches Tool]: Search for patches in the [!DNL Quality Patches Tool] guide.