ACSD-48813: Search not showing relevant results based on search weight of attributes
The ACSD-48813 patch fixes the issue where search is not showing relevant results based on the search weight of the attributes. This patch is available when the [!DNL Quality Patches Tool (QPT)] 1.1.29 is installed. The patch ID is ACSD-48813. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.7.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.3-p1
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.3 - 2.4.6
The patch might become applicable to other versions with new [!DNL Quality Patches Tool] releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Search is not showing relevant results based on the search weight of the attributes.
Steps to reproduce:
- Install Adobe Commerce with sample data.
- Set the search engine as [!DNL Elasticsearch].
- Log in as an admin.
- Go to [!UICONTROL Stores] > [!UICONTROL Attributes] > [!UICONTROL Products].
- Open the name attribute.
- Open the storefront [!UICONTROL Properties] tab.
- Select [!UICONTROL Search Weight] = 10 from the dropdown value.
- Click [!UICONTROL Save Attribute].
- Now open the storefront and search for the word Back.
Backpack products are returned at the top of search results.
Backpack products are returned in the middle of search results.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
To learn more about [!DNL Quality Patches Tool], refer to:
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to [!DNL Quality Patches Tool]: Search for patches in the [!DNL Quality Patches Tool] guide.