ACSD-49389: Ready for pickup email sent by API when not ready for pickup
The ACSD-49389 patch fixes the issue where a ready-for-pickup email is sent by the API when the order is not ready for pickup. This patch is available when the [!DNL Quality Patches Tool (QPT)] 1.1.29 is installed. The patch ID is ACSD-49389. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.7.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.5
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.0 - 2.4.6
The patch might become applicable to other versions with new [!DNL Quality Patches Tool] releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
A ready-for-pickup email is sent by the API when the order is not ready for pickup.
Steps to reproduce:
- Enable [!UICONTROL In-Store Delivery] method.
- Create a stock source with pickup location enabled.
- Create new stock using the main website with the source created above.
- Create a product assigning the same source.
- Set stock qty = 1.
- Check out the product created in step 4 using the [!UICONTROL In-Store Delivery] method from the storefront.
- Create an invoice for the order.
- Set the qty of the product to 0 and make it out of stock.
- Post the following API request:
Ready for pickup email is not sent.
API returns Order is not ready for pickup, but ready to pickup email is sent.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
To learn more about [!DNL Quality Patches Tool], refer to:
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in the [!DNL Quality Patches Tool] guide.