ACSD-50527: Error upon saving a page with empty dynamic block
The ACSD-50527 patch fixes the issue where an error occurs when saving a page with an empty dynamic block. This patch is available when the [!DNL Quality Patches Tool (QPT)] 1.1.30 is installed. The patch ID is ACSD-50527. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.7.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.5-p1
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.3.7 - 2.4.6
The patch might become applicable to other versions with new [!DNL Quality Patches Tool] releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the [!DNL Quality Patches Tool]: Search for patches page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
An error occurs when saving a page with an empty dynamic block.
Steps to reproduce:
- Go to [!UICONTROL Admin] > [!UICONTROL Content] > [!UICONTROL Dynamic Block] and create a new dynamic block with empty content.
- Go to [!UICONTROL Content] > [!UICONTROL Page] > [!UICONTROL Create or Edit a new page].
- Add two row elements to the content. Then add the new dynamic block created above.
No error is displayed for a dynamic block with empty content in the [!DNL Page Builder].
The [!UICONTROL Dynamic Block] placeholder shows the error:
An unknown error occurred. Please try again.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
To learn more about [!DNL Quality Patches Tool], refer to:
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to [!DNL Quality Patches Tool]: Search for patches in the [!DNL Quality Patches Tool] guide.