- Dashboard sharing best practices
- Sharing dashboards with other users
- Sharing dashboards organization-wide
- Accessing shared dashboards
- Changing dashboard access
- Unsharing a dashboard
Sharing dashboards is a great way to keep your team in the loop and encourage collaborative discussion. By creating and sharing a central dashboard, you can provide your team with the information they need while still maintaining control. We recommend that you grant Edit rights to a select few to minimize accidental changes.
Important! If the dashboard you’re sharing contains reports built with metrics that the sharee doesn’t have access to, these reports won’t display when they view the dashboard. If you want those reports to appear, you should have an admin user grant access to all metrics used in those reports to the specific user.
- To share a dashboard, click the Share Dashboard button at the top of the screen.
- A list of all users in your Magento BI account will display. To select a user to share the dashboard with, check the box to the left of their name. To select/deselect all users, click the Select button and select Everyone or None, respectively.
- Permissions can be set on a user-by-user basis or en masse.
To set individual permissions, click None to the right of the user’s name. From this drop-down, select the type of permissions the user should have.
To set permissions en masse, click the Set Permissions button. From this drop-down, select the type of permissions the selected users should have.
Note that you can also use this feature to update previously set permissions. For example, if you want to stop sharing the dashboard with someone, set their permissions to ‘None.’
- To share the dashboard, click the Save Changes button. The selected user(s) will receive an email inviting them to view the dashboard.
Lets take a look: