Connecting your Desk.com data allows you to consolidate your help desk reporting in Magento BI. This allows you to optimize customer support, and monitor help desk performance alongside your revenue.
Connecting your Desk.com data to Magento BI is a simple four step process:
- Add Magento BI as an app in your Desk.com account
- Enter your Site Prefix, Key, and Secret into Magento BI
- Enter your Token and Token Secret into Magento BI
To complete this process, you will need to open two browser windows/tabs - one instance for Magento BI, the other for your Desk.com account.
All labels applied to cases are included in the data imported into Magento BI. If you're using Labels in Rules, we recommend setting the label's rule action to "Append" rather than "Set." This will ensure that we capture all labels applied over time.
This can be changed by visiting https://YOURDOMAIN.desk.com/admin/case-management/rules, replacing "YOURDOMAIN" in the link with your Desk.com URL, searching for the particular label, and click into the rule to adjust this rule action from ‘Set’ to ‘Append’.
- The first step is to navigate to the Desk.com credentials page. To do so, click the Manage Data option in your sidebar, then click Connections.
- Click the Add a Data Source button.
- Click the Salesforce Desk.com icon.
Adding Magento BI as an app in your Desk.com account
- In the other browser window, login to your Desk.com account and navigate to the Admin panel. The link is located in the menu in the upper left section of the Agent interface.
- In the Admin panel, click the Settings option in the menu at the top of the window.
- When the Settings page displays, click the API option in the menu that appears on the left side of the window.
Here's a look at steps 1-3:
Click for a better view!
- Click the +Add API Application button.
- After clicking the button, a window will display. This is where the initial parameters for the API application are set. Copy and paste the following information into the respective fields:
Name: Magento BI
Website URL: http://www.rjmetrics.com
Callback URL: http://www.rjmetrics.com
Support URL: http://support.magento.com
When finished, click the Add button.
Entering your Desk.com site prefix, Key, and Secret into Magento BI
- After the URL parameters have been successfully submitted, a screen detailing the parameters, along with the Key and Secret, will display:
- Copy and paste the Key and Secret into their respective fields on the Desk.com credentials page in Magento BI.
- Enter your Desk.com site prefix into the Site Name field. If RJMetrics had a Desk.com site, for example, the site prefix would be rjmetrics, making the address http://rjmetrics.desk.com.
Entering your Token and Token Secret into Magento BI
You're almost there - just one more step! To complete the setup, you need to enter your access tokens into Magento BI.
- In the Desk.com window, click the Your Access Token link on the right side of the API application page. A window containing your Token and Token Secret will display:
- Copy the Token and Token Secret into their respective fields on the Desk.com credentials page in Magento BI.
- When finished, click the Save & Connect button.
That's it! If the connection is successful, a Connected to Desk.com successfully! message will display at the top of the credentials page.