Segment is a hub for collecting event and customer data. Instead of attempting to track your apps and sites separately, Segment gives you the ability to create a complete profile of your customers with its comprehensive capture and data storage options.
With just a few clicks, you can connect Segment to your Magento BI account.
Adding Magento BI as a selective integration
All data collected by Segment is sent to Magento BI by default, but if individual snippets on your site specify which integrations data should be sent to, then these settings will be overridden.
If you use selective integration snippets, you'll need to add Magento BI to the list of integrations before data will flow to your data warehouse.
Here's an example of a snippet that sends data to Magento BI (formerly known as RJMetrics), Mixpanel, and KISSMetrics only:
When you add Magento BI (RJMetrics) to your snippet, make sure you enter the 'RJMetrics' parameter exactly as it appears in the example above.
- Go to the Connections page by clicking Data > Connections.
- Click the Add a Data Source button.
- Click the Segment icon.
- Enter a name for the integration - for example, Magento BI App - Segment.
- Click the Enable with Segment button.
- At this point, you'll be taken to Segment's website. Follow the instructions to complete the setup.
That's it! Sit back, relax, and let your data flow.