Come across some data that just doesn't make sense? Found a discrepancy between an Magento BIreport and a query or third-party report?
Depending on the complexity of your analysis, generating the corresponding Magento BI report may require familiarity with a number of different facets of the platform. This checklist and the related links will help you understand the logic behind your report, allowing you to identify the source of any discrepancies.
- If another member of your team created the report, begin by confirming the objective and parameters of their analysis
- Generate expected data points to compare to the Magento BI report based on a query, a third-party reporting tool, or a formula
- Review and confirm the metric definition(s), either from the metric link in Report Builder or by visiting the System Summary tab:
- Data table
- Operand column, including its calculation if it is derived (via System Summary)
- For subscription metrics: start and end dates
- Filters, including those contained in any filter sets applied
- Review and confirm other data manipulation within the report:
Still stumped? Don't worry - we're here to help. Send us a request using these instructions.