The Magento BI Import API gives you the ability to pull arbitrary data into your data warehouse. Here at Magento BI, we use it for systems monitoring, CRM analytics, syncing data from Google Drive, and a variety of other purposes.
Quite simply, if it's not in a database, the Import API is your best bet.
To use the Import API, you'll need to generate an API key. Here's how it's done:
- Navigate to the Connections page under Manage Data > Data Sources > Integrations.
- Click the Add a Data Source button, located on the right side of the screen above the Data Sources table.
- Click the Data Import API icon.
- Enter a name for the connection - for example: 'Magento BI CRM Data' - and click the Generate API Key and Save Connection button.
- The API Key and your client ID will display:
That's it! Make sure you keep this key safe. Now you can use the key to authenticate with the Import API and get started setting up your connection.
What do I do after I setup my connection?
To get the data flowing through your Import API connection, our support team will need to perform an initial sync. Please submit a support ticket when you're done setting things up.
What do I do if I need to revoke my key?
If at any time your key is lost or compromised, you should immediately contact support to have the access for your key revoked.