Mixpanel is currently in beta. Want to be a part of it? Submit a support ticket to learn more!
Hey! You need Admin permissions to do this.
With Mixpanel, you can analyze how users navigate and utilize your websites and apps. Taking a close look at user behavior data leads to smarter design and development decisions, meaning a better product overall. Connecting Mixpanel to Magento BI lets you analyze how your users behave and how that behavior translates into revenue.
Connecting your Mixpanel data to Magento BI a simple three-step process:
- Open the Mixpanel credentials page in Magento BI
- Retrieve your Mixpanel API credentials
- Enter your Mixpanel API credentials in Magento BI
To complete this process, you will need to open two browser windows or tabs - one for Magento BI, the other for your Mixpanel account.
Opening the Mixpanel credentials page
Let's get started:
- Go to the Connections page under Manage Data > Connections.
- Click the Add a New Source button, located on the right side of the screen above the Data Sources table.
- Click the Mixpanel icon and the credentials page will display.
Leave this page open for now and switch to the browser window with your Mixpanel account.
Retrieving your Mixpanel API credentials
If you haven't logged into your Mixpanel account yet, do so and then do the following:
- Click the Account link in the top right corner.
- In the modal that displays, click Projects.
- Your API credentials will display:
Click for a closer look!
Keep this open - we need it to wrap this up.
Entering your Mixpanel API credentials in Magento BI
- Copy the API Key and Secret into the Mixpanel credentials page in Magento BI.
- Click Connect to Mixpanel to complete the setup.
That's it! If the connection is successful, a Success! message will display at the top of the page.