This articles provides a patch for the known Magento Commerce (Cloud) 2.2.4 issue related to order emails being sent from the server email address.
Order confirmation emails are sent from the Apache server email address. Other emails (Forgot password and so on) sent from the configured email addresses.
- Place an order with the Send order confirmation box checked.
- Check email.
The email was sent from the Magento configured sending address.
The email was sent from email address configured in the Apache server being used.
The patch is attached to this article. To download it, scroll down to the end of the article and click the file name, or click the following link:
Compatible Magento versions:
The patch was created for:
- Magento Commerce (Cloud) 2.2.4
The patch is also compatible (but might not solve the issue) with the following Magento versions and editions:
- Magento Commerce (Cloud) 2.2.5
- Magento Commerce (Cloud) 2.2.6
- Magento Commerce (Cloud) 2.2.7
- Magento Commerce 2.2.5
- Magento Commerce 2.2.6
- Magento Commerce 2.2.7
- Magento Commerce 2.3.0
How to apply the patch
We strongly recommend applying and testing the patch on the Integration/Staging environment, before applying it Production. We also recommend to have a recent backup before any manipulations.
How to apply this patch for Magento Commerce (Cloud)
- If you do not have a directory named
m2-hotfixesin the project root, please create one.
- Copy the
MDVA-10993_EE_2.2.4_v1.composer.patchfile(s) to the
Add, commit, and push your code changes:
git add -A && git commit -m "Apply MDVA-10993_EE_2.2.4 patch" && git push origin
How to apply this patch for Magento Commerce
- Upload the patch to your Magento root directory.
- Run the following SSH command:
(If the above command does not work, try using
patch -p1 < MDVA-10993_EE_2.2.4_v1.composer.patch
- For the changes to be reflected, refresh the cache in the Admin under System > Cache Management.