This article provides a patch for a known Magento Commerce 2.2.3 issue related to a shopping cart being empty after customers click Go to Checkout multiple times in the mini shopping cart.
Customers add products to the cart, try to checkout by clicking the Go to Checkout button several times, but when they go to the cart, the cart is empty. The mini-cart might still show products.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open a product page on the store front.
2. Add products to cart.
3. In the mini shopping cart, click Go to Checkout several times.
The cart contains all products you have added.
You have no items in your shopping cart.
The patches are attached to this article. To download a patch, scroll down to the end of the article and click the required file name, or click one the following links:
Compatible Magento versions
The patches were created for:
- Magento Commerce 2.2.3 (the MDVA-10441_EE_2.2.3_v3.composer.patch file)
- Magento Commerce (Cloud) 2.2.5 (MDVA-17078_EE_2.2.5_COMPOSER_v1.patch file)
The MDVA-10441_EE_2.2.3_v3.composer.patch patch is also compatible (but might not solve the issue) with the following Magento versions and editions:
- Magento Commerce (Cloud) versions from 2.2.1 to to 2.2.5
- Magento Commerce versions from 2.2.1 to to 2.2.5
How to apply a patch
We strongly recommend applying and testing the patch on the Integration/Staging environment, before applying it Production. We also recommend to have a recent backup before any manipulations.
How to apply a patch for Magento Commerce (Cloud)
- If you do not have a directory named
m2-hotfixesin the project root, please create one.
- Copy the
patch_name.patchfile(s) to the
Add, commit, and push your code changes:
git add -A && git commit -m "Apply
patch" && git push origin
How to apply this patch for Magento Commerce
- Upload the patch to your Magento root directory.
- Run the following SSH command:
(If the above command does not work, try using
patch -p1 < patch_name.patch
- For the changes to be reflected, refresh the cache in the Admin under System > Cache Management.