This article provides a patch for the known Magento Commerce Cloud 2.2.4 issue related to getting the "Area is already set" error message when trying to set a theme for the Default Store View in the Magento Admin.
You get the "Something went wrong while saving this configuration: Area is already set" error message when trying to set a theme for the Default Store View.
Steps to reproduce:
- Log in to Magento Admin.
- Navigate to Content>Design>Configuration.
- Set the configuration scope to Default Store View.
- Change the theme in the Applied Theme drop-down. For example, from Magento Luma to Magento Blank.
- Click Save Configuration.
The selected theme is applied for the default store view.
Theme is not applied, the "Something went wrong while saving this configuration: Area is already set" error message is displayed.
The patch is attached to this article. To download it, click the following link or scroll down to the end of the article and click the attached file:
Compatible Magento versions:
The patch was created for:
- Magento Commerce (Cloud) 2.2.4
The patch is also compatible (but might not solve the issue) with the following Magento versions and editions:
- Magento Commerce (Cloud) 2.0.X
- Magento Commerce (Cloud) 2.1.X
- Magento Commerce (Cloud) from 2.2.0 to 2.2.5
- Magento Commerce 2.0.X
- Magento Commerce 2.1.X
- Magento Commerce from 2.2.0 to 2.2.5
How to apply the patch
See How to apply a composer patch provided by Magento for instructions.