"Area already set" error when saving theme configuration in Admin
This article provides a patch for the known Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.2.4 issue related to getting the "Area is already set" error message when trying to set a theme for the Default Store View in the Commerce Admin.
You get the " Something went wrong while saving this configuration: Area is already set " error message when trying to set a theme for the Default Store View.
Steps to reproduce:
- Log in to the Commerce Admin.
- Navigate to Content > Design > Configuration.
- Set the configuration scope to Default Store View.
- Change the theme in the Applied Theme drop-down. For example, from Luma to Blank.
- Click Save Configuration.
Expected result: The selected theme is applied for the default store view.
Actual result : Theme is not applied, the "Something went wrong while saving this configuration: Area is already set" error message is displayed.
The patch is attached to this article. To download it, click the following link or scroll down to the end of the article and click the attached file:
Compatible Adobe Commerce versions:
The patch was created for:
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.2.4
The patch is also compatible (but might not solve the issue) with the following Adobe Commerce versions and editions:
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.0.X
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.1.X
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.2.0 - 2.2.5
- Adobe Commerce on-premises 2.0.X
- Adobe Commerce on-premises 2.1.X
- Adobe Commerce on-premises 2.2.0 - 2.2.5
How to apply the patch
For instructions, see How to apply a composer patch provided by Adobe in our support knowledge base.