This article provides a patch for the known Magento Commerce Cloud 2.2.2 issue related to the failure to load checkout pages caused by uBlock or other ad blockers.
If Google Analytics is enabled for the store, when a customer with installed uBlock or other ad blocker proceeds to checkout, the
trackingCode.js file is blocked from loading and RequireJS breaks the JS execution flow. This causes problems with loading the checkout page.
Steps to reproduce:
Prerequisites: An ad blocker must be installed and active in browser.
- In the Magento Admin, enable and configure the Google Analytics functionality.
- Open a product page on the store front.
- Add products to cart.
- Click the Go to Checkout link.
Checkout page loads and a customer can complete checkout.
Checkout page does not load, the loading spinner never disappears.
The patch is attached to this article. To download it, scroll down to the end of the article and click the file name, or click the following link:
Compatible Magento versions:
The patch was created for:
- Magento Commerce Cloud 2.2.2
The patch is also compatible (but might not solve the issue) with the following Magento versions and editions:
- Magento Commerce Cloud from 2.1.0 to 2.14
- Magento Commerce Cloud 2.2.0
- Magento Commerce Cloud 2.2.1
- Magento Commerce Cloud from 2.2.3 to 2.2.5
- Magento Commerce from 2.1.0 to 2.14
- Magento Commerce 2.2.0
- Magento Commerce 2.2.1
- Magento Commerce from 2.2.3 to 2.2.5
How to apply the patch
See How to apply a composer patch provided by Magento for instructions.