This article provides a patch for the known Magento Commerce 2.2.3 issue related to the entity (category, CMS page, etc) itself being removed when the related schedule update is deleted.
When you delete an active schedule update between it's starting and ending dates, the related entity (category, subcategory, CMS page) is also deleted.
Steps to reproduce (with categories):
- Log in to Magento Admin.
- Create a new subcategory under Catalog > Categories.
- Create new Staging Update with the start and end time.
- Wait until the update is applied, that is the start time comes.
- Delete the update, using the View/Edit link.
The update is deleted, the subcategory still exists in the Admin.
The update and the subcategory are deleted.
Please apply the patch provided in this article, and clean the cache running
The patch is attached to this article. To download it, scroll down to the end of the article and click the file name, or click the following link:
Compatible Magento versions:
The patch was created for:
- Magento Commerce 2.2.3
The patch is also compatible (but might not solve the issue) with the following Magento versions and editions:
- Magento Commerce 2.2.0-2.2.2
- Magento Commerce Cloud 2.2.0-2.2.3
How to apply the patch
We strongly recommend applying and testing the patch on the Integration/Staging environment, before applying it Production. We also recommend to have a recent backup before any manipulations.
How to apply this patch for Magento Commerce (Cloud)
- If you do not have a directory named
m2-hotfixesin the project root, please create one.
- Copy the
MDVA-11059_EE_2.2.3_COMPOSER_v1.patchfile to the
Add, commit, and push your code changes:
git add -A && git commit -m "Apply MDVA-11059_EE_2.2.3_COMPOSER_v1 patch" && git push origin
How to apply this patch for Magento Commerce
- Upload the patch to your Magento root directory.
- Run the following SSH command:
(If the above command does not work, try using
patch -p1 < MDVA-11059_EE_2.2.3_COMPOSER_v1.patch
- For the changes to be reflected, refresh the cache in the Admin under System > Cache Management.