This article provides a patch for the known Magento Commerce 2.2.3 issue related to the entity (category, CMS page, etc) itself being removed when the related schedule update is deleted.
The issue was fixed in Magento Commerce 2.2.6.
When you delete an active schedule update between it's starting and ending dates, the related entity (category, subcategory, CMS page) is also deleted.
Steps to reproduce (with categories):
- Log in to Magento Admin.
- Create a new subcategory under Catalog > Categories.
- Create new Staging Update with the start and end time.
- Wait until the update is applied, that is the start time comes.
- Delete the update, using the View/Edit link.
The update is deleted, the subcategory still exists in the Admin.
The update and the subcategory are deleted.
Please apply the patch provided in this article, and clean the cache running
The patches are attached to this article. To download a patch, scroll down to the end of the article and click the file name, or click the corresponding link:
- Download MDVA-11059_EE_2.2.3_COMPOSER_v1.patch
- Download MDVA-23505_EE_2.2.4_COMPOSER_v1.patch
- Download MDVA-12158_EE_2.2.5_COMPOSER_v2.patch
Compatible Magento versions:
The patches were created for:
- MDVA-11059_EE_2.2.3_COMPOSER_v1.patch was created for Magento Commerce 2.2.3
- MDVA-23505_EE_2.2.4_COMPOSER_v1.patch was created for Magento Commerce 2.2.4
- MDVA-12158_EE_2.2.5_COMPOSER_v2.patch was created for Magento Commerce 2.2.5
The MDVA-11059_EE_2.2.3_COMPOSER_v1.patch patch is also compatible (but might not solve the issue) with the following Magento versions and editions:
- Magento Commerce 2.2.0-2.2.2
- Magento Commerce Cloud 2.2.0-2.2.3
The MDVA-23505_EE_2.2.4_COMPOSER_v1.patch patch is also compatible (but might not solve the issue) with the following Magento versions and editions:
- Magento Commerce 2.1.0-2.1.18, 2.2.0-2.2.3
- Magento Commerce Cloud 2.1.0-2.1.18, 2.2.0-2.2.3
The MDVA-23505_EE_2.2.5_COMPOSER_v1.patch patch is also compatible (but might not solve the issue) with the following Magento versions and editions:
- Magento Commerce Cloud 2.2.5
How to apply the patch
See How to apply a composer patch provided by Magento for instructions.