This article provides a patch for the known Magento Commerce 2.2.4 issue related to Google Analytics not tracking the conversion data.
The conversion data was not tracked by Google Analytics due to an error in the Google Analytics component code.
Steps to reproduce:
- Enable and configure the Google Analytics functionality in Magento Admin under Stores > Settings > Configuration > Sales > Google API > Google Analytics
- Click Save Config.
- Place an order on the storefront.
- Go to Google Analytics dashboard > Conversions > Overview.
- Set the date range to the current date.
The order appears in the conversions data.
The order does not appear in the conversion data.
The patch fixes the error in the Google Analytics component code. After applying the patch conversion data will be tracked by Google Analytics.
The patch is attached to this article. To download it, scroll down to the end of the article and click the file name, or click the following link:
Compatible Magento versions:
The patch was created for:
- Magento Commerce 2.2.4
The patch is also compatible (but might not solve the issue) with the following Magento versions and editions:
- Magento Commerce 2.2.5
- Magento Commerce Cloud 2.2.4, 2.2.5
How to apply the patch
We strongly recommend applying and testing the patch on the Integration/Staging environment, before applying it Production. We also recommend to have a recent backup before any manipulations.
How to apply this patch for Magento Commerce (Cloud)
- If you do not have a directory named
m2-hotfixesin the project root, please create one.
- Copy the
.patchfile to the
Add, commit, and push your code changes:
git add -A && git commit -m "Apply MDVA-11263_EE_2.2.4_v1.composer.patch patch" && git push origin
How to apply this patch for Magento Commerce
- Upload the patch to your Magento root directory.
- Run the following SSH command:
(If the above command does not work, try using
patch -p1 < MDVA-11263_EE_2.2.4_v1.composer.patch
- For the changes to be reflected, refresh the cache in the Admin under System > Cache Management.