This article provides a patch for the known Magento Commerce 2.2.4 issue related to Google Analytics not tracking the conversion data.
The issue was fixed in Magento Commerce 2.2.6.
The conversion data was not tracked by Google Analytics due to an error in the Google Analytics component code.
Steps to reproduce:
- Enable and configure the Google Analytics functionality in Magento Admin under Stores > Settings > Configuration > Sales > Google API > Google Analytics
- Click Save Config.
- Place an order on the storefront.
- Go to Google Analytics dashboard > Conversions > Overview.
- Set the date range to the current date.
The order appears in the conversions data.
The order does not appear in the conversion data.
The patch fixes the error in the Google Analytics component code. After applying the patch conversion data will be tracked by Google Analytics.
The patch is attached to this article. To download it, scroll down to the end of the article and click the file name, or click the following link:
Compatible Magento versions:
The patch was created for:
- Magento Commerce 2.2.4
The patch is also compatible (but might not solve the issue) with the following Magento versions and editions:
- Magento Commerce 2.2.5
- Magento Commerce Cloud 2.2.4, 2.2.5
How to apply the patch
See How to apply a composer patch provided by Magento for instructions.