This article provides the solution for the issue with cached images not being displayed after upgrading from Magento Commerce Cloud 2.2.X to 2.3.X.
Affected versions and editions:
- Magento Commerce Cloud 2.2.X, 2.3.X, Pro Plan
After Magento is upgraded from 2.2.X to 2.3.X, the cached product images are not available, a 404 page is displayed instead.
The issue is caused by the incorrect Nginx configuration set in
index.php (or none) is used for the
"/media" location instead of
- Check your
.magento.app.yamlconfiguration file, at the
"/media"location. The correct configuration looks like following:
"/media": root: "pub/media" allow: true scripts: false expires: 1y passthru: "/get.php"
passthruis not set to
expiresis not set, take the following steps.
- Correct the configuration file.
- Starter Plan: correct the file yourself and push the changes.
- Pro Plan:
- Integration: correct the file yourself and push the changes.
- Staging and Production: correct the file yourself, push the changes, and create a Magento Support ticket to have it applied.
- Enable Fastly image optimization in the Magento Admin (Fastly must be configured prior), as described in https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.3/cloud/cdn/fastly-image-optimization.html
If the configuration is correct, but you are still experiencing the issue, continue investigation or contact Magento Support.