This article provides a fix for the issue where you try to export products to a .csv file in Magento Admin, but the file does not appear.
Affected products and versions
- Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.2
Steps to reproduce
Prerequisites: The Add Secret Key to URLs option is set to Yes . The option is configured in the Magento Admin under Stores > Configuration > Advanced > Admin > Security .
- In the Magento Admin, navigate to System > Data Transfer > Export .
- Entity Type : Products
- Export File Format : CSV
- Field Enclosure : leave unchecked.
- Click Continue .
- The following message is displayed: "Message is added to queue, wait to get your file soon" .
The .csv file with the exported products is displayed in the grid in a couple of minutes.
The .csv file with the exported products is not displayed in the grid in 10 minutes or more.
A known issue with the Export functionality in Magento application part version 2.3.2.
There are two possible solutions for the issue:
- Disable the Add Secret Key to URL option.
- Run the the
bin/magento queue:consumers:start exportProcessorcommand manually, and optionally configure it to be run by cron.
See details for both options in the following paragraphs.
Disable the the Add Secret Key to URL option
- In the Magento Admin, navigate to Stores > Configuration > Advanced > Admin > Security .
- Set the Add Secret Key to URLs option to No.
- Click Save Config .
- Clean cache under System > Tools > Cache Management or by running
bash bin/magento cache:cleanor in Magento Admin.
Run the export command manually and optionally add it as cron job
To get the export file, run the
bin/magento queue:consumers:start exportProcessor command. After running this, the file should be displayed in the grid.
To add the process as a cron job optionally, you must add the
CRON_CONSUMERS variable to the
Add process as a cron job (optional)
- Make sure your cron is setup and configured. See Set up cron jobs for details.
- Run the following command to return a list of message queue consumers:
- Add the following to your
.magento.env.yamlfile in the Magento
/appdirectory, and include the consumers you would like to add. For example, here is the consumer required for export processing:
Then push this updated file and redeploy your environment. Also reference Add custom cron jobs to your project.
stage: deploy: CRON_CONSUMERS_RUNNER: cron_run: true max_messages: 1000 consumers: - exportProcessor
If you cannot find the
.magento.env.yaml file for your environment, and you think it was deleted, you need to create a new
.magento.env.yaml . It might be empty initially, you can add info there as required. Reference the following Magento DevDocs articles: Build and deploy , Environment variables
On Magento Commerce Pro projects, the auto-crons feature must be enabled on your Magento Commerce Cloud project before you can add custom cron jobs to Staging and Production environments using
.magento.app.yaml . If this feature is not enabled, create a support ticket , to have the job added for you.