This article talks about how to solve the issues you might have when trying to access the latest pre-released version of Magento Commerce code, in the scope of the Pre-release Access program.
Products and versions affected
- Magento Commerce Cloud 2.2.10, 2.3.2-p2, 2.3.3
- Magento Commerce 2.2.10, 2.3.2-p2, 2.3.3
This article covers the following issues with accessing the pre-released code:
- Magento Commerce 2.3.3 is not available for download under My Account > Downloads on account.magento.com.
- Failure to download Magento Commerce 2.3.3 from repo.magento.com using composer.
These are the most common causes of the issue:
- You are looking for the pre-released code in the wrong location.
- You are using the wrong MageID.
- Your account is not a part of of the Pre-release Access program.
Pre-release code location
During the pre-release access period, release packages are only available via composer on repo.magento.com. Release packages are not available on GitHub and Magento portal during this period, and we will publish them to these locations on the GA date.
MageID you need to use
You must use the primary MageID associated with your Magento Commerce account. The Pre-release Access program is not linked to any contact having shared access. The early access can only be accessed via Composer or repo.magento.com by the MAGID associated with the purchase of Magento Commerce.
How do I find out if my MageID is the primary one
To find out if your MageID is primary, try the follow:
- Log into account.magento.com and go to the My Product and Services tab. Check if you see the Magento Commerce license information there:
- If you see the Magento Commerce license information, then your MageID is primary.
- If you do not see the Magento Commerce license information, then your MageID only has shared access. To find out who is the primary ID holder, go to the Shared with me tab. Notice the SHARENAME specified there. Click Switch Accounts, and select the value you've noted in SHARENAME. On the welcome page you will see the email of the primary ID holder.
- If for any reason you cannot find this information on account.magento.com, please contact your Customer Success Manager (CSM).
- If none of the above works, please contact support.
Not a part of the Pre-release Access program
To be included in the pre-release access program, your organization must have an active Magento Commerce account that is in good standing. If you believe you meet this criteria and cannot access the pre-release code, please contact support with your MageID.