This article provides a solution for when you see the message "Plugin VCL version is outdated! Please re-Upload." in Fastly Configuration, in the Commerce Admin, due to not having installed the latest Fastly module.
Affected products and versions
Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.2.x., 2.3.x
Fastly: This error can affect all versions of the Fastly module except the latest one. For information on the latest release, see Fastly release notes on GitHub.
- Log in to the Commerce Admin panel.
- Navigate to Stores > Configuration > Advanced > System > Full Page Cache Fastly Cache.
- In the Automatic Upload & Service Activation section, there will be a "Plugin VCL version is outdated! Please re-Upload." notification.
- You attempt to upload the VCL snippets by clicking on the "Upload VCL to Fastly" button but you still see the warning "Plugin VCL version is outdated! Please re-Upload."
The Fastly extension was updated (along with a bundled VCL configuration and templates), but the updated VCL config has not been uploaded to the Fastly service. When you update the Adobe Commerce module
Fastly_Cdn, you have to upload an updated VCL config to Fastly again.
- Check that you have the latest ECE-Tools installed and at the current version in our developer documentation. ECE-Tools has a version of the Fastly package in its dependencies.
This may not be the latest version of the Fastly plugin, but it is likely to be a later version than the one you have currently installed, and it is best practice to have the latest ECE-Tools installed.
- If you are not on the current version of ECE-Tools, follow these steps to upgrade in our developer documentation.
- After you have upgraded ECE-Tools, check if you now have a current version of the Fastly plugin installed.
- If the Fastly plugin is not the current version, follow these steps to upgrade the plugin to the most current version in our developer documentation.