This article provides a solution for when you see the message " Plugin VCL version is outdated! Please re-Upload. " in Fastly Configuration, in the Magento admin, due to not having installed the latest Fastly module.
Affected products and versions
Magento Commerce Cloud 2.2.x., 2.3.x Fastly: This error can affect all versions of the Fastly module except the latest one. For information on the latest release see Fastly release notes on GitHub.
- Log in to the Magento admin panel.
- Navigate to Stores > Configuration > Advanced > System > Full Page Cache Fastly Cache.
- In the Automatic Upload & Service Activation section, there will be a " Plugin VCL version is outdated! Please re-Upload. " notification.
- You attempt to upload the VCL snippets by clicking on the "Upload VCL to Fastly" button but you still see the warning " Plugin VCL version is outdated! Please re-Upload. "
The Fastly extension was updated (along with a bundled VCL configuration and templates), but the updated VCL config has not been uploaded to the Fastly service. When you update the Magento module
Fastly_Cdn , you have to upload an updated VCL config to Fastly again.
- Check that you have the latest ECE-Tools installed and at thecurrent version. ECE-Tools has a version of the Fastly package in its dependencies.
This may not be the latest version of the Fastly plugin, but it is likely to be a later version than the one you have currently installed, and it is best practice to have the latest ECE-Tools installed.
- If you are not on the current version of ECE-Tools, follow these steps toupgrade.
- After you have upgraded ECE-Tools, check if you now have a current version of theFastly plugininstalled.
- If the Fastly plugin is not the current version, follow these steps toupgrade the plugin to the most current version.