This article provides solutions for when performance is negatively impacted by using Admin roles with role scope restricted by website in our user guide.
Affected products and versions
- Adobe Commerce on-premises 2.2.x, 2.3.x
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.2.x, 2.3.x
When an Admin user, with the role scope restricted by website, performs operations in the Admin panel (including logging in, saving products and so on), Adobe Commerce rebuilds the stored cache. Rebuilding the cache negatively impacts performance and can lead to a site outage, especially during business and/or high-traffic hours.
The issue is fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.2.10 and 2.3.3.
Following are the options to avoid the issue:
- Upgrade the Adobe Commerce application version to 2.2.10 or 2.3.3. (for instructions, see the Upgrade Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure version in our developer documentation).
- Avoid restricting Admin user role scope by website, if possible.
- Submit a Magento Support ticket, to request a patch, if it is available.
- User roles in our user guide.