This article discusses the issue, where performance is negatively impacted by using Admin roles with role scope restricted by website.
Affected products and versions
- Magento Commerce, all supported versions
- Magento Commerce Cloud, all supported versions
When an Admin user, with the role scope restricted by website, performs operations in the Admin panel (including logging in, saving products and so on), Magento rebuilds the stored cache. Rebuilding the cache negatively impacts performance and can lead to a site outage, especially during business and/or high-traffic hours.
The issue is fixed in Magento Commerce 2.2.10 and 2.3.3.
Following are the options to avoid the issue:
- Upgrade the Magento application version to 2.2.10 or 2.3.3. (see the following section for the links to the related instructions).
- Avoid restricting Admin user role scope by website, if possible.
- Submit a Magento Support ticket, to request a patch, if it is available.
- Upgrade Magento version (Commerce Cloud) v.2.3.x (switch the version in the top panel on the DevDocs site, to see the instructions for 2.2.x).
- Upgrade Magento version (Commerce) v.2.3.x (switch the version in the top panel on the DevDocs site, to see the instructions for 2.2.x).
- User roles in Magento User Guide.