This topic discusses a solution when your web browser displays a "Cannot proxy to" and the console displays an
error when using Progressive Web App (PWA) Studio for Adobe Commerce.
Affected products and versions
- PWA Studio for Adobe Commerce
- Load your Adobe Commerce store in a browser.
- The Adobe Commerce store loads normally in your browser.
- Your web browser displays the “Cannot proxy to“ error and the console displays an error like:
NodeJS cannot resolve the hostname of your Adobe Commerce store.
- Make sure your Adobe Commerce store loads in more than one web browser.
- If you are running a local DNS server or VPN, add an entry to your hostfile (located in
/etc/hosts) and manually map this domain (Generic instructions on hostfile editing) so NodeJS can resolve it.