If your organization is planning an online event in which you expect high traffic, or you suddenly find your site to be undergoing a high traffic event, you can file a Support Ticket to request temporary additional cloud capacity for your Magento Commerce Cloud store.
48 hours notice is required for non-emergency upsize requests.
Affected products and versions
- Magento Commerce Cloud 2.2.x., 2.3.x
How to identify high traffic events
In New Relic Alerts, you can use baseline alert conditions to define thresholds that adjust to the behavior of your data.
Baseline alerting is useful for creating alert conditions that:
- Only notify you when data is behaving abnormally.
- Dynamically adjust to changing data and trends, including daily or weekly trends.
In addition, baseline alerting works well with new applications when you do not yet have known behaviors.
Follow this link to learn more about New Relic Creating baseline alert conditions.
If you receive an alert notification that suggests a high traffic event you may need to consider submitting a Support Ticket requesting additional capacity. Follow the below steps.
How to monitor performance of your site
Adobe provides a set of New Relic alert policies for Magento Commerce Cloud Pro and Starter Production environments to track the following key performance metrics:
- Apdex score
- Error rate
- Disk space (available on Pro Production environments only)
Based on industry best practices, these policies set thresholds for warning and critical conditions that affect performance. When your site experiences an infrastructure or application issue that triggers an alert threshold, New Relic sends alert notifications so that you can proactively address the issue. To use these policies, you must configure notification channels to receive the alert messages.
Follow this link to learn how to configure performance-based alerts.
Follow the steps below to submit a Support Ticket to request temporary additional cloud capacity:
- Submit a Support Ticket at the Magento Support Center.
- Choose your Contact Reason: Surge Capacity Request.
- The resize Start Date and End Date are required, and a preferred resize Start Time is optional.
- If you have a preferred start time, please include your preferred start time in the ticket body.
- If you do not have a preferred start time, then the resize will be completed at the earliest time available.
- If no specific larger size is requested, we will be upsizing you up to the next larger environment size capacity.
- If you need a larger size than the next larger environment size capacity, please indicate that in the ticket body.
- Increased capacity will be deducted from your contracted Surge Days or vCPU days.
- The typical capacity increase window is five days, but if you need more or fewer days, please indicate this in your Support Ticket.
For information on improving site performance to avoid the need for utilizing an increase in capacity, please see these articles from Magento DevDocs: