Best Practices for using third-party extensions in Adobe Commerce
This article provides some best practices for potential issues with third-party extensions (modules) used in Adobe Commerce.
Affected products and versions
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.2.x, 2.3.x
- Adobe Commerce on-premises 2.2.x, 2.3.x
- Magento Open Source 2.2.x, 2.3.x
Adobe Commerce third-party extensions have the potential to cause various issues that may lead to performance degradation in your store.
Follow the Best Practices described below to avoid performance issues caused by third-party extensions.
- Keep your third-party extensions up-to-date to their latest versions.
- If you cannot keep your third-party extensions up-to-date to their latest versions, consider using different extensions.
- To avoid potential issues please Download/purchase third-party extensions from a trusted source, like Commerce Marketplace.