This article provides recommendations on how to avoid a known product comparison issue in Adobe Commerce on-premises 2.3.5 and Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.3.5.
Affected products and versions
- Adobe Commerce on-premises 2.3.5
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.3.5
When a user tries to compare products from different store views and one product has an empty value for a comparable attribute, Adobe Commerce displays a corrupted Compare Products page.
Specify non-empty values for comparable product attributes or use the default store view value for the attribute. Comparable attribute values cannot be empty.
Product attributes are set to be used for comparison using the Comparable on Storefront configuration setting. For more information, refer to the Creating Product Attributes in our user guide.
A fix will be available in Adobe Commerce 2.3.6, which is scheduled for release in Q4 2020.
You can view the fix in GitHub (please consider, that the fix did not go through regression testing and is not an official hot fix): https://github.com/magento/magento2/pull/27662
- Adobe Commerce Support Knowledge Base articles for Adobe Commerce 2.3.5 known issues:
- Bulk action product count known issue in Adobe Commerce 2.3.5
- Adobe Commerce 2.3.5 Known Issues in our developer documentation