This article provides recommendations on how to solve the issue where Venia storefront GraphQL queries to Adobe Commerce instance produce validation errors.
Affected products and versions
- Adobe Commerce on-premises 2.2.x, 2.3.x
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.2.x, 2.3.x
- PWA Studio project for Adobe Commerce
Venia GraphQL queries to Adobe Commerce on-premises or Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure produce validation errors.
One of the reasons causing the problem, might be Venia and its GraphQL queries being out of sync with the schema of the connected Adobe Commerce instance.
To test whether your queries are up to date, run the following command in the project root:
yarn run validate-queries
This will show a compatibility report. If you have incompatibilities, you need to upgrade your PWA Studio or Adobe Commerce instance. Check the Adobe Commerce compatibility matrix to see what exactly versions you need.
Reference the following documentation for instructions on how to upgrade:
- For PWA Studio upgrades, search for the "Upgrading from a previous version" section of the PWA release notes for the version that you need to upgrade to.
- Upgrade Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure version in our developer documentation
- Upgrade Adobe Commerce on-premises (installed using "composer create-project" or archive) in our developer documentation
- Upgrade Adobe Commerce on-premises (installed by cloning Adobe Commerce repo) in our developer documentation
- PWA Studio: Webpack hangs before beginning compilation in our support knowledge base
- PWA Studio: Validation errors when running developer mode in our support knowledge base
- PWA Studio: Browser displays “Cannot proxy to“ error in our support knowledge base
- Configure NPM to be able to use PWA Studio in our support knowledge base
- PWA for Adobe Commerce Documentation