This article provides best practices for store numbers for Magento Commerce Cloud Pro accounts to optimize Magento performance. Having a large number of stores, websites or store views can slow your site down. The maximum recommended sites, stores and store views counts is:
- sites = 50
- stores = 50
- store view count = 50
Websites and stores are multipliers for catalog data, so having a large number of websites and stores results in:
- an increase in the size of index tables
- longer indexation process
- longer retrieval of configuration
- slower save operations in admin as data is saved for each website separately.
- Restructure catalog through shifting logic to categories.
- Separate price lists from catalog data, leveraging of external price and Price Management System (PMS).
- Use alternative noSQL data storage like Elasticsearch.
- Custom flat indexes for catalog data.