This article provides best practices for store numbers for Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure Pro plan architecture accounts to optimize Adobe Commerce performance. Having a large number of stores, websites or store views can slow your site down. The maximum recommended sites, stores and store views counts is:
- sites = 50
- stores = 50
- store view count = 50
Note: For Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure, the best practices apply specifically to the Production environment (and possibly Staging on Pro architecture, subject to resource constraints) which would have more resources than the integration/development environments. For integration (Pro and Starter) and Staging environments (Starter), you should reduce the number of store views to less than 5 or 10 (subject to technical review).
Websites and stores are multipliers for catalog data, so having a large number of websites and stores results in:
- an increase in the size of index tables
- longer indexation process
- longer retrieval of configuration
- slower save operations in admin as data is saved for each website separately.
- Restructure catalog through shifting logic to categories.
- Separate price lists from catalog data, leveraging of external price and Price Management System (PMS).
- Use alternative noSQL data storage like Elasticsearch.
- Custom flat indexes for catalog data.