The maximum recommended total number of sales rules (cart price rules) for all websites is 1000 in Adobe Commerce. Having many sales rules can have a negative impact on performance. The limitation is due to needing to validate cart contents against all rules registered in the system to apply the necessary rules.
Affected products and versions
- Adobe Commerce on-premises, all supported versions
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure, all supported versions
Having too many sales rules will cause degraded performance on the site, including:
- Adding products to cart response time increases above performance targets.
- Mini-cart loading and rendering time increases.
- Cart page rendering time increases above performance targets.
- On the Checkout page there is a section called Totals (Final price, Subtotal) and number of sales rules have a direct performance impact on this block rendering time.
It is best practice to:
- Manage and remove non-used rules.
- Add strict rule conditions (like attribute or category filter) for increasing efficiency of the matching mechanism. For steps on creating and removing cart price rules, refer to Adobe Commerce User guide > Cart Price Rules in our user guide.
Commerce User Guide > Cart Price Rules in our user guide.