Vertex Address Cleansing: different addresses not allowed
This article talks about the solution for the issue where when the user tries to enter a different billing and shipping address, with Vertex address validation enabled, the storefront will not let the user enter it.
Affected products and versions
- Adobe Commerce on-premises and Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.3.5-p1
Steps to reproduce:
- Go to Admin > Stores > Configuration > Sales > Address Cleansing.
- Select Enabled from the Use Vertex Address Cleansing drop-down and Save Config.
- Go to the frontend as a guest and add a product to the cart.
- Click on the Cart icon and Proceed to Checkout.
- Fill in the address fields.
- Select desired Shipping Method and click Next.
- Click on the Next button again.
- Uncheck My billing and shipping address are the same, and enter a new billing address (different to Address).
- Click the Update button, then click Update address.
The user sees different billing and shipping addresses.
When the user hits update, the billing and shipping addresses revert to being the same.
Vertex address verification has failed.
Disable Vertex Address verification or upgrade to 2.4.0.