This article talks about the solution for the issue when the user tries to enter a different billing and shipping address when Vertex address validation is enabled, the storefront will not let the user enter separate addresses.
Affected products and versions
- Magento Commerce and Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.5.p1
Steps to reproduce
- Go to Admin > Stores > Configuration > Sales > Address Cleansing.
- Select Enabled from the Use Vertex Address Cleansing drop-down and Save Config.
- Go to the frontend as a guest and add a product to the cart.
- Click on the Cart icon and Proceed to Checkout.
- Fill in the address fields.
- Select desired Shipping Method and click Next.
- Click on the Next button again.
- Uncheck My billing and shipping address are the same and enter a new billing address (different to Address).
- Click Update button, then click Update address.
The user sees different billing and shipping addresses.
When the user hits update, the billing and shipping addresses revert to being the same.
Vertex address verification has failed.
Disable Vertex Address verification or upgrade to 2.4.0.