This article talks about a solution for known issue in Magento during checkout where an error message appears when selecting a local payment method for some countries. This occurs for the countries Belgium, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, and Spain. The error message, "There are currently no available payment methods. Please update your Billing Address." will appear, but the local payment methods will still appear and function correctly. A permanent fix will be available in Magento 2.4.1. ## Affected products and versions
- Magento Commerce version 2.4.0
- Magento Commerce Cloud version 2.4.0
- Magento 2.4.0 is installed.
- Create 1 product and 1 category.
- Configure Braintree Payment Method.
Steps to reproduce
- Navigate to the storefront.
- Select items to add to the cart.
- Proceed to checkout.
- Fill out the address form a with valid address.
- Proceed to the Review & Payments page.
The local payment methods should be displayed normally, without an error message.
The error message, "There are currently no available payment methods. Please update your Billing Address." appears, but the local payment methods will still display and function correctly.
The solution is to ignore the displayed error message, and continue with payment as normal, as all local payment methods will function normally. A fix will be available in Magento version 2.4.1, which is scheduled for release in Q4 1. ## Related reading
- Magento 2.4.0 known issue: raw message data display on storefront
- Magento 2.4.0 known issue: Export Tax Rates does not work
- Magento 2.4.0 known issue: Braintree payment methods do not show up in Multiple Addresses checkout
- Magento 2.4.0 known issue: returns edit page stops working when creating shipping label
- Magento 2.4.0 known issue - refresh on Customer's Activities does not work
- Magento 2.4.0 B2B Admin can't add configurable product to quote