This article provides best practices for order processing and checkout performance for Adobe Commerce.
Affected products and versions
- Adobe Commerce on-premises, all supported versions
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure, all supported versions
It is recommended that you enable the Async email notification and Order archive features.
Enable Async email notifications
Enable the Async email notification functionality to improve the performance of placing an order. This moves the order processing email notifications to the background. To enable this feature:
- Go to the Commerce Admin Panel.
- Click on STORES > Settings > Configuration.
- Then go to Sales > Sales Emails > General Settings > Asynchronous sending.
- Save the config.
Enable Order archive
Sales tables might take a lot of space overtime, so enabling archiving would save MySQL disk space and improve checkout performance. To enable the feature, follow the instructions in Archive > To enable archiving in our user guide.
Refer to Performance Best Practices > Best Practices in our developer documentation.