The MDVA-30428 patch solves the wishlist not working with Inventory Management (MSI). This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.5 is installed.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.3.5-p1
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.3.3 – 2.3.3-p1 (QPT 1.0.6) and 2.3.5 – 2.4.1 (QPT 1.0.5)
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
On adding a product to the wishlist, when the product is assigned to a custom inventory source, the following message shows "We can't add the item to Wish List right now: Cannot add product without stock to wishlist."
- Create a new inventory source in the Commerce Admin. For steps, refer to Catalog > Adding a New Source in our user guide.
- Create a new stock inventory in the Commerce Admin, assign the new source and default website to the new stock. For steps, refer to Catalog > Adding a New Stock in our user guide.
- Create a simple product and only assign the new stock as inventory.
- Visit the simple product details page in the frontend.
- Add the product to the wishlist. The following error shows: We can't add the item to Wish List right now: Cannot add product without stock to wishlist.
The product should be added to the wishlist with the custom stock.
The product is not added to the wishlist, and an error message shows.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.