The MDVA-30107 patch solves the issue where store switcher doesn't work as expected if different base URLs are used for store views. This patch is available when the Magento Quality Patch (MQP) tool v.1.0.5 is installed.
Affected products and versions
- Magento Commerce 2.3.0-2.3.5.x
- Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.0-2.3.5.x
When a user switches between stores using the store switcher, the request fails if the target store has a different base URL.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create two or more stores with different base URLs.
- Go to a category page on a storefront of any of those stores.
- Try switching to the other store using the store switcher.
You are redirected to the similar page of the other store.
You are redirected to the home page of the same store.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your version of Magento:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Software Update Guide > Apply patches.
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches.
To learn more about Magento Quality Patches, refer to:
- KB Magento Quality Patches released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- KB Check if patch is available for your Magento issue using Magento Quality Patches.
For info about other patches available in MQP tool, refer to the Patches available in MQP tool section.