The MDVA-30599 patch fixes the issue where guest quotes created using API are incorrectly marked as quotes for logged-in customers. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.6 is installed. The issue was fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.2.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.3.5-p2
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.3.4 - 2.4.0
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Guest quotes created using API are incorrectly marked as quotes for logged-in customers.
- On the Adobe Commerce storefront, add a product to the cart as a guest user.
- In your Adobe Commerce DB, find the corresponding
- Send an API request to
quoteGuestCartRepositoryV1Cart Repository interface for guest carts. It can be done via Swagger or cURL request.
curl -X GET "http://web2-73.sparta.corp.magento.com/dev/support/ee24dev/rest/all/V1/guest-carts/ToOwPtSBxkorkCLq6ztwupPd99y8zhky" -H "accept: application/json"
In response you get
In response you get
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
Additional steps required after the patch installation
The patch will be effective for all new guest carts. If you need to fix existing guest carts, set
quote.customer_is_guest = 1 for those records where
quote.customer_id is NULL. You could run a query similar to the following:
UPDATE quote SET customer_is_guest = 1 WHERE customer_id IS NULL;
We strongly recommend testing the query on the Staging/Integration environment before running it in Production. We also recommend having a recent backup before any manipulations with DB.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.