The MDVA-28191 Magento patch fixes the issue where a payment method is not loading in the Admin Create New Order for one website, although payment methods may be showing for other websites. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) tool version 1.0.5 is installed.
Affected products and versions
Magento Commerce and Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.3 to 2.4.1 (including 2.3.5-p1).
Note: the patch can be applicable to other versions with new QPT tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
When creating an order from the backend Magento creates two quotes, one is inactive and the other is active. But the session holds the inactive quote id.
Steps to reproduce
- Go to Admin Panel > Sales > Orders and press the Create New Order button.
- Choose the customer you want to create the order for.
- If your store has multiple views, choose the store view where the order is to be placed, on the Create New Order page for the user you selected.
- Add products from the Customer's Activities section or from the catalog by clicking Add Products . Scroll down the page to complete the following sections as needed for the order:
- Apply Coupon Codes
- Payment Method
- Shipping Method
- Order Comments Expected result: Payment methods should be loaded in the Admin for all websites.
No payment method available (neither is the message " No Payment Information Required " displayed) for this website, although payment methods may show when testing orders for other websites.
Apply the patch
For instructions on how to apply an QPT patch, use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Apply patches using Quality Patches Tool .
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply patches .
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches .
- Check if patch is available for your Magento issue using Quality Patches Tool .
For info about other patches available in QPT tool, refer to the Patches available in QPT tool section.