The MDVA-28191 patch fixes the issue where a payment method is not loading in the Admin Create New Order for one website, although payment methods may be showing for other websites. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) tool version 1.0.5 is installed.
Affected products and versions
Adobe Commerce on-premises and Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.3.3 to 2.4.1 (including 2.3.5-p1).
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
When creating an order from the backend Adobe Commerce creates two quotes, one is inactive and the other is active. But the session holds the inactive quote id.
Steps to reproduce
- Go to Admin Panel > Sales > Orders and click the Create New Order button.
- Choose the customer you want to create the order for.
- If your store has multiple views, choose the store view where the order is to be placed, on the Create New Order page for the user you selected.
- Add products from the Customer's Activities section or from the catalog by clicking Add Products. Scroll down the page to complete the following sections as needed for the order:
- Apply Coupon Codes
- Payment Method
- Shipping Method
- Order Comments
Payment methods should be loaded in the Admin for all websites.
No payment method available (neither is the message "No Payment Information Required" displayed) for this website, although payment methods may show when testing orders for other websites.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.