It is best practice not to conduct critical actions in the Commerce Admin panel during business hours to avoid performance degradation.
Examples of critical actions:
- Save (update) a product attribute.
- Flush caches after import.
- Move product-subcategory to another category.
These critical actions lead to cache invalidation (a procedure for one or more objects that removes data regarding the objects from all caches) and cause a significant negative performance impact on the site during business hours, and can potentially be a root cause of site outages.
Affected products and versions
- Adobe Commerce on-premises, all supported versions
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure, all supported versions
Perform any critical actions during off-business hours.