This article describes a known Magento 2.4.1 issue, where an error message pops-up and disappears on the Billing step of Checkout, if PayPal Braintree payment is used and multiple addresses shipment selected.
Affected products and versions
- Magento Commerce Cloud 2.4.1
- Magento Commerce 2.4.1
An error message pops-up and disappears on the Billing step of Checkout, if PayPal Braintree payment is used and multiple addresses shipment selected.
Steps to reproduce:
- On the storefront, log in as a customer. (optionally could be a guest checkout, if it is enabled in Admin)
- Add a product to the cart.
- Click to open the cart preview.
- Click View and Edit Cart.
- On the Cart page, click Check Out with Multiple Addresses.
- Click Go to Shipping Information and specify the addresses.
- Click Continue to Billing Information.
- Select PayPal Braintree and click the PayPal button.
- In the pop-up window click Agree & Pay.
The order is placed without any error.
The order is placed, but with an error. The PayPal Checkout could not be initialized. Please contact store owner. error is displayed for a second and disappears.
Since the order placing is not blocked, there is no need to perform workaround steps. The issue is scheduled to be fixed in Magento Commerce 2.4.2.